Ocañas Group provides our clients with legislative and regulatory support through targeted lobbying efforts.
Active in federal, state, county and city circles across the country, Ocañas Group has special expertise in working with finance, legislation, development/construction, energy, telecommunications, and general governmental services.
Ocañas Group has a penchant for winning.
We possess a wealth of knowledge, experience and judgment gained from decades of experience working on the front lines of legislative and regulatory offices.
Ocañas’s Senior Governmental Consultants include individuals who have served as: elected officials, agency directors, political operatives, legislative committee directors, economic and fiscal analysts, and issue experts.
It’s not who you know, it’s what you know.
All of our efforts begin with thorough research of the regulatory and legal environment surrounding an issue to serve as the foundation for any recommendations and actions.
On an ongoing basis, we are building and maintaining relationships with key legislators and agency executives, creating channels for communication, and providing on-site consultation to best support our client in the achievement of their goals.
To build relationships, you have to build value; you have to build trust.
Our extensive experience working in the public sector also benefits clients interested in working with National Networks, State Leadership Organizations, Constituency-Based Organizations, Federal Organizations, Local Government Organizations like National Association of Counties, and National Trade Associations.
Ocañas representatives can also supplement your in-house governmental affairs team to develop a successful strategy to meet your needs in the appropriate jurisdiction.
Governmental Affairs Services include:
- Comprehensive Government Relations planning and implementation.
- Providing your temporary or full-time Government Relations Office.
- Supplement your existing Government Relations program and staff.
- Legislative representation and advocacy for individual clients, corporations and associations.
- Engaging in direct advocacy with legislative decision makers.
- Selecting and confirming legislative sponsors.
- Drafting, analyzing and monitoring bills.
- Monitoring and reporting on hearings, committee sessions and meetings.
- Media and Presentation training for legislative hearings, public testimony and agency meetings.
- Agency representation.
- Shaping state policy as expressed in legislation, the Administrative Code, policy directives and agency rules.
- Gathering and analyzing information on legislative and executive policy and employing it to the benefit of our clients.
- Implementation of these programs for your company or association.
- Formation and management of coalitions of varied parties with common legislative objectives.
- Assistance with special issues, projects or campaigns.
Federal Programs Assistance and Economic Development
Ocañas Group understands the important role businesses play in creating a healthy and robust local economy. It is imperative that local communities be effective in promoting and cultivating an attractive business environment. To aid this effort, Ocañas provides programs and services to communities interested in investing in their own economy.
Ocañas is positioned to maximize federal assistance for local governments seeking Economic Development Services. We have outstanding experience in successful grant advocacy with the US Dept of Agriculture, Dept of Commerce, Economic Development Agency, and HUD federal assistance programs.
Ocañas Group also brings expertise in drafting economic development plans and public policy, providing financial analysis, cost benefit analysis, statistical methods, and economic analysis. Also, Ocañas can assist with the development of rural community economic development loan programs.
For all of our integrated governmental solutions, Ocañas Group is committed to the highest standards of ethics, service, and leadership. We feel these are the requisite ingredients for successful and lasting partnerships and we will not compromise our client’s success.